OK, I know I say this word a lot, but I LOVE zucchini. No, seriously I do. And I particularly love getting it from farmers markets or a good friends garden. However, it has been rather rainy here in Ohio, so I am just now getting my zucchini fix.
Yes, it is one of those things I refuse to buy at the supermarket. Especially during the summer.
I am just trying to warn you for all the zucchini recipes to come. I guess I should probably warn my family too. Hehe 🙂
And yes, I also love the use of memes. They just crack me up.
Well, here is what you came for…these absolutely divine “meatballs”
- 1 medium zucchini, shredded
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tbsp. Italian seasoning (Oregano, Basil, Parsley)
- 3/4 C. Whole wheat Panko breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp. EVOO
- Heat the oil in the pan
- Saute the garlic for about 20 seconds
- Add peppers, onions, and grated zucchini and cook about 8 minutes, or until liquid is gone from zucchini
- Transfer to strainer and drain excess water, let cool
- Once cooled, mix in herbs, breadcrumbs and egg
- Form into balls and place on greased cookie sheet
- Bake at 375 degrees for 20 minutes
- Let them cool before you indulge 🙂
*This made 10 “meatballs” and I paired it with some pasta sauce and veggie pasta. Can you say AMAZEBALLS. Well, I did anyways.
I hope you enjoy them as much as I did. Let me know what you think!